Switch IC Distributor in China
- Protects against reverse insertion of a dry cell.
- Reduces the energy loss of VF by a diode and rectifies and realizes dry cell direction free insertion.
- Supply the power from the secondary power source.
- The device support highly integrated, low voltage-driven LSI.
Any Types of Switch IC and Other IC ChipsJust Send us Your Part Number,We'll Quote You Within 8 Hours
Professional Switch IC Supplier - Rantle East Electronic
RANTLE offers Switch IC such as USB switch, rectifier switch, load switch, battery line switch, intelligent power switch, and many more.
RANTLE Switch IC protects against reverse insertion of a dry cell, generally, mechanically or using diode method. It reduces the energy loss of VF by a diode and rectifies and realizes dry cell direction free insertion.
RANTE Switch IC is an ideal switch to supply the power from the secondary power source such as the output of a step-down DC/DC converter to the load circuit. It can provide a low dropout voltage.
RANTLE Switch IC has a short current limit circuit and a soft start function to prevent a reverse current at off state. Besides the low supply current by CMOS, Security IC has low voltage with an input voltage from 0.75V and 0.8V. Accordingly, the device support highly integrated, low voltage-driven LSI as a rear stage of the DC/DC converter.
RANTLE Switch IC can output the voltage rectified in either positive or negative polarity.
Therefore, this device allows the various application without being limited by the battery loading direction. Also, Security IC can protect the device system from the accidental reverse connection of battery.
By a small loss resistance and a small supply current, your battery will last longer.
RANTLE is the best electronic supplier for almost 16 years. We always make sure that the materials and technology used are carefully chosen to meet the high standards of the most customers.
RANTLE has a strong source of electronic components, dense purchasing network, quality warranted products, swift delivery, competitive price, high-quality service and excellent after-sale service.
We promise that RANTLE East Electronic is your most trustworthy and reliable electronic components supplier! We warmly welcome people from all over the world to contact and cooperate with us. We will become long-term business partners and build a splendid future together.
Electroinc Components IC Chips Related Components: Logic IC , Interface IC , Equalizer IC , Driver IC , Digital Potentiometer IC , Counter IC , Network IC , Timer IC , Active Filter IC , Multimedia IC , Optocoupler IC , Power Management IC , Security IC , RF Integrated Circuit , IC Batteries
Switch IC: The Complete FAQ Guide
Whether you are looking for high power, Ethernet or any type of switch IC, you should read this guide.
It provides in-depth information on critical aspects you must evaluate and understand when sourcing for a switch IC.
Let’s get to it:
- What is a Switch IC?
- What is the function of Switch IC?
- What are the Benefits of Switch IC?
- How Analogue Switch IC compares to Digital Switch IC?
- What are the Disadvantages of Switch IC?
- Where can you use Switch IC?
- Which Components make Switch IC?
- What should you Consider when Buying Switch IC?
- Which Signal does Switch IC Produce?
- What is Doping in a Switch IC?
- How do you Manufacture Switch IC?
- How does Switch IC Work?
- Which Types of Switch ICs are there?
- What are the Methods of the Wire Bonding Assembly in Switch IC?
- Can any IC Work as a Switch?
- How do you Test Switch IC?
What is a Switch IC?
A switch IC refers to a type of IC that connects, disconnects and stores, a load in a high-power source application. This helps in preventing electrical faults from occurring.
What is the function of Switch IC?
The main functions of a switch IC are to connect, disconnect, and store excess load in a high-power source application.
What are the Benefits of Switch IC?
The following are the main benefits of a switch integrated circuit:
- Fabrication cost for switch IC is cheaper. This has the effect of reducing the cost of purchasing other ICs.
- Switch IC has a low power consumption rate, which helps in reducing power costs.
- A switch IC s smaller in size, which is essential during the fabrication of small electronic equipment due to the manufacturing of tiny circuit elements. You can easily have a piece of small and sleek equipment that can function the same way a big electronic device can operate.
- They weigh less due to the size of the circuit elements. This has the effect of reducing the overall weight resulting in portable electronic gadgets.
- There is a small temperature difference between the components of the switch IC. This helps in reducing the electromagnetic effect, which affects the performance of the electrical device.
- A switch IC has a higher operating speed. This is due to the lack of capacitance and parasitic effect.
How Analogue Switch IC compares to Digital Switch IC?
- Analog switch IC accepts and processes both digital and analog signals through its pins. Digital Switch IC allows and processes only digital signals via its pins.
- Both digital and analog Switch ICs function as an alternative to mechanical switches by offering convenience and reliability.
- Both analog and digital switch ICs are smaller in size than mechanical switches.
- There is a frequency response limitation in an analog switch IC as a result of channel capacitance. Digital Switch IC has a maximum frequency that can flow into its input past, in which the output does not rely on the input.
- Digital switch IC does not use any external component, while the Analog switch IC utilizes external components in its functioning.
- Analog switch IC only processes binary data while analog switch IC processes signal that have varying continuity such as sinewave signal.
- Digital switch IC is easy and straightforward to design and manufacture, while the designs of Analog switch IC are Complex.
- The operations of components of an analog switch IC such as transistors are in the active regions. The components of the digital switch IC operate in a saturate and cutoff system.
- Signal interruption due to noise is frequent in Analog switch IC. The reason for this is because noise increases the amplitude of the analog signal. Noise does not interrupt signal transmission in Digital switch IC. This is due to a variation in the signal voltage level.
- It is impossible to fabricate analog switch IC chips since it consists of various components such as resistors and capacitors. Fabrication of digital switch IC is possible within the IC chip since different components are separate.
- The accuracy level of a Digital switch IC is higher than that of an Analog switch IC.
- Information storage is secure in a Digital switch IC than it is in an Analog switch IC.
What are the Disadvantages of Switch IC?
The main disadvantages of a switch integrated circuit include:
- It is impossible to fabricate high-grade P-N-P.
- Voltage depends on the capacitors and resistors.
- It is impossible to use a switch IC on its own. You have to combine it with other discrete components.
- It is impossible to manufacture a switch IC that has a low-temperature coefficient.
- A switch IC is a delicate component that you need to handle with special care. Any small mishandling leads to failure of the switch IC.
- Fabrication of Switch IC is costly. This may increase with the complexity of the switch IC design. You have to replace a switch IC in case of damages since you cannot repair it. This increases the overall cost.
- It is hard to manufacture a switch IC with a rating of more than 10 watts since the consumption of most electronics does not surpass 10 watts.
- It is difficult to manufacture a switch IC that produces low noise while operating under high voltage.
Where can you use Switch IC?
The use of a Switch IC is common in the following applications:
- Mobile phones
- Digital Camera
- Portable gaming device
- Notebook PC and accessories
- Portable AV equipment
Which Components make Switch IC?
The main components that make a Switch IC are:
A diode refers to a two-terminal electrical component that conducts current in one direction. It features a zero resistance one direction and a high resistance in the other direction.
There are different types of diode, including; A semi-conductor diode and a thermionic diode. Silicon, gallium, and arsenide are the primary materials used for diode manufacturing.
A resistor is a passive component of the switch IC consisting of two terminals. Their function is to reduce the current flowing through the salvation IC, adjust signal levels, and termination of signal transmission.
They also divide the voltage required for the different components.
A transistor refers to a semi-conductor whose function is to amplify an electronic signal in a switch IC. They also switch the electrical signals.
It features a semi-conductor having three terminals that connect to an external circuit.
The function of the capacitor is to store electrical energy within the switch IC. It consists of two terminals and acts as a passive electrical component.
Capacitors have two metallic plates that act as electrical conductors that have a dielectric medium in between them. The material for the dielectric medium can be a plastic film, paper, oxide layers, glass, or ceramic.
· Conductive pathway
This is the pathway that connects all the components of a switch IC.
The microprocessor is the memory part of the switch IC. The function of the microprocessor is to follow and calculate logical protocols for accurate processing of the data relevant for the switch IC.
What should you Consider when Buying Switch IC?
You need to consider the following factors when you are purchasing a Switch IC:
· Thermal Expansion
The thermal expansion rate for the switch IC should be the same. This prevents the effect of the components disintegrating due to different changes in temperature.
· Dielectric Loss
Dielectric loss affects the quality of the signal transmission for your switch IC. You need to select a switch IC with less dielectric loss.
· Heat Management
The size of the switch IC reduces the sizes of the components while increasing their number. This has the effect of producing a lot of heat, which can affect the performance of electrical equipment.
You, therefore, need to check on the amplifier heat management before purchasing your switch IC.
· Speed Performance
The arrangements of the components of the switch IC should not interfere with the speed performance of your electrical gadget.
Technologies such as bumping technology allow for high performance while minimizing wire bond interference.
A useful switch IC should be water-resistant. This helps in preventing dielectric loss and the dielectric constant of your electrical device.
Which Signal does Switch IC Produce?
A switch IC produces either a digital or analog signal depending on the type of components it has.
What is Doping in a Switch IC?
Doping in a switch, IC refers to the process of adding small amounts of impurities to an insulator for it to act as a semiconductor.
Such insulators include silicon and germanium.
Impurities such as antimony add electrons to these insulators, thereby enabling them to conduct electricity. Doped silicon using antimony is known as n-type.
How do you Manufacture Switch IC?
The process of manufacturing Switch IC involves the following steps:
Switching IC System
· Making Wafers
This process involves growing of pure silicon particles into elongated cylinders and slicing them into tiny wafers.
Each of these small wafers is then cut into chips.
This is the process of heating the wafers to coat them with silicon dioxide. The use of ultraviolet light ensures that the wafers harden with a protective layer (photoresist).
The importance of etching is to remove excess photoresist on the wafers. This process uses chemicals resulting in the formation of a template pattern.
This pattern shows the p-type and the n-type silicon areas within the Switch IC.
The importance of doping is to add electrons to the switch IC to increase the conductivity of the switch IC. Doping through the addition of antimony results in n-type Switch IC.
Doping through the addition of boron and removing electrons results in the formation of p-type Switch ICs.
Testing involves runs tests within the Switch IC to ascertain its proper functioning. It is a computer-based process that you apply on the terminals of the Switch IC.
This process is vital in the separation of working switch ICs from non-working Switch ICs.
The packaging is the last process of Switch ICs. It involves the use of protective lumps mainly of plastics. The protective materials need to offer protection to the switch IC.
Protection should be against damage and interference from external factors such as environmental conditions.
How does Switch IC Work?
The functioning of the different components of the switch IC depends on its various components. The transistor amplifies any electronic signal present in a switch IC.
The Diode facilitates the flow of electric current in one direction within the switch IC. This helps facilitate the flow of current.
When there is an overload in the current flowing, a resistor helps in reducing this excess current flowing through the switch IC.
Resistors also help in ensuring each component within the switch IC gets its required current. This is through the division of the current. The capacitor stores the excess energy flowing through the switch IC.
The conductive pathways within the switch IC act as the links that current flows through as it heads to the components.
There is the microprocessor, which acts as the memory component of the switch IC.
Its function is to follow and calculate logical protocols for accurate processing of the data relevant for the switch IC.
Which Types of Switch ICs are there?
The following are the main types of Switch IC available:
i. USB Switch
A USB switch is a type of Switch IC that performs the ON/OFF control functions in a power supply line. They also offer protection to the power supply line.
The ON/OFF function is through a receiving signal, which is enabled by a USB host controller. The protection element of the USB switch includes a thermal shutdown that is essential against abnormal heating.
Protection also includes the over-current protection that limits the current during excess current flow.
ii. Rectifier Switch
The function of this rectifier switch is to control output polarity in a unidirectional way regardless of the input direction.
iii. Load Switch
The load switch IC helps in the ON/OFF controlling of the power supply that a secondary power supply switch distributes.
Low resistance on the load switch results in a low power loss.
This makes load switch IC ideal for applications that require power saving features on sleep and standby modes.
iv. Battery Line Switch
Battery line switch IC consists of protective units that are relevant for the battery line, which is a primary power supply switch.
The protective units include an inrush current protective unit on the input and the reverse current at the ON/OFF.
You can use a battery line switch IC as a load switch.
v. Intelligent Power Switch
The function of the intelligent power switch is the same as that of a load switch. They involve a two-step abnormal voltage detector and a current detector.
Intelligent power switch IC is ideal for applications that require sophisticated protections for the power supply line.
What are the Methods of the Wire Bonding Assembly in Switch IC?
The main methods of Wire Bonding Assembly in Switch IC are:
· Ball Bonding
Ball bonding is a common type of wire bonding assembly in Switch IC, especially when using copper and gold wires.
Ball bonding is ideal for wires with small diameters and interconnection applications.
The first bond in this type usually is ball-shaped and has the wire sticking outwards at the top.
· Wedge Bonding
This type of bonding depends on ultrasonic power application and pressure to form bonds. It is common in the manufacturing of IC units due to its several benefits.
In this method, only gold is the one that requires heat for bonding to take place. You can use this method in wires that have large diameters or wire ribbons.
· Compliant Bonding
Compliant bonding involves the transmission of heat and pressure via an in-dentable aluminum tape. It is suitable for use in bonding gold wires.
Can any IC Work as a Switch?
No. you cannot use any IC as a Switch. This is because of the unique features that a switch IC has and the manufacturing process that it has to go through.
How do you Test Switch IC?
The following tests are necessary for the proper functioning of the Switch IC:
· Voltage Test
The voltage test measures the force of electric pressure. Carrying out this test depends on the type of current your appliance requires, that is, direct current or alternating current.
To carry out this test, adjust the multimeter to read the voltage set out on the appliance. You then check if the switch IC can handle the expected voltage range.
· Leakage Test
This test determines if the switch IC has damages or not. For this, you need to observe keenly on the sides of the switch IC to check for any damages.
· Continuity Test
This is a test that measures if there is electricity flow through a given part. To conduct this test, place the two probes to the multimeter and select continuity.
The results are positive if the readings on your multimeter are zero.
If it records one or it has an open loop, then there is no continuity at the given part.
· Resistance Test
Resistance tests are a measure of current loss while there is a flow of electricity through a given component. Its unit for measurement is Ohms.
You can determine the resistance of a given component using a multimeter. Set the multimeter to read the resistance range on the switch IC.
Then check if the given point can handle the resistance range on the switch IC.